Dear 21 year old Faria,
We are quickly approaching the end of an impressive era, the end of our 20's. This is an era full of good times, parties, laughter, love, heartbreaks, rejection, and turmoil. You'll experience the glory and victory of being on the mountaintop. But you'll also experience the loneliness and confusion of being in the dark valley. You'll win some and you'll lose some but there's a lesson to learned in every situation. The good seasons definitely outweigh the bad seasons. But I want to warn you. When it's bad, trust me, it's bad. You'll want to give up on life altogether, but don't. This too shall pass. Our 20's is an era of transformation. Through this, though a rollercoaster indeed, God is preparing you and pruning you. God is molding you into the woman He has called you to be and He will remove anything that could potentially get in His way.
Even though I still have a lot to learn, I want to leave you with a few pointers. Prayerfully, this will help you along as you journey through our beloved 20's.
1. THE GRACE OF GOD WILL KEEP YOU.
2. LOVE GOD AND YOURSELF. EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FALL INTO PLACE.
3. NEVER FIGHT FOR THE ATTENTION OF ANY MAN.
4. YOUR FATHER SITS HIGH UPON THE THRONE. THEREFORE, NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER.
5. LIFE IS ABOUT TAKING RISKS. TAKING RISKS LEADS TO NEW OPPURTUNITES.
6. TIME IS PRECIOUS. DON'T WASTE IT.
7. SEEK GOD IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.
8. FORGIVE YOUR DAD.
9. IGNORE THE NAYSAYERS AND THE DOUBTERS. THEY'LL LAUGH AT YOUR AMBITIONS AND THE CALL THAT GOD HAS PLACED ON YOUR LIFE. BUT TRUST ME, YOU'LL PROVE THEM ALL WRONG. THEY'LL SAY YOU'RE UNQUALIFIED. BUT GOD QUALIFIES THE UNQUALIFIED!!
10. ENJOY YOUR SINGLENESS. THIS IS THE TIME FOR SELF INVESTMENT AND BUILDING A SINCERE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.
11. IT'S OK TO SAY, NO
12. IT'S OK TO CRY.
13. TRUST THE PROCESS. "TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING; IN ALL WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, AND HE SHALL DIRECT YOUR PATH" Proverbs 3:5-6
14. STAY AWAY FROM NEGATIVE VIBES.
15. SOME FRIENDSHIPS WILL LAST A LIFETIME, WHILE OTHER ONLY LAST A SEASON.
16. CHANGE IS GOOD.
17. PRAY WITHOUT CEASING. TRUST ME, PRAYER REALLY DOES WORK!
18. THERE IS POWER IN THE NAME OF JESUS!
19. EMBRACE YOUR FLAWS.
19. GOD IS CALLING YOU INTO A PLACE WHERE EVERYONE CANNOT FOLLOW. EMBRACE THE SEASON OF "CUT OFF".
20. BE BOLD AND COURAGEOUS, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO.
21. GUARD YOUR HEART.
22. EVEN IN YOUR DARKEST AND SADDEST MOMENTS, GOD WILL BE RIGHT BESIDE YOU.
23. ONLY GOD CAN MEND THE PIECES TO YOUR BROKEN HEART.
24. ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE LOVED.
25. YOU WILL MAKE MISTAKES. MISTAKES THAT WILL CAUSE OTHERS TO GIVE UP ON YOU. HOWEVER, NO MISTAKE IS TOO GREAT FOR GOD. HE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU OR FORSAKE YOU. GOD WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK.
26. GOD WILL USE YOUR STORY TO TRANSFORM THE LIVES OF HIS PEOPLE.
P.S. NEVER DIM YOUR LIGHT FOR ANYONE. STAY TRUE AND AUTHENTIC TO YOURSELF. THERE IS ONLY ONE YOU IN THE ENTIRE WOLRD AND THE POWER OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU. GO BE GREAT!!
Love you forever,
28 year old Faria